If you know me, you’ll know that my favorite desserts include fruit and chocolate. As summer is quickly approaching, I’m excited to share this DELICIOUS recipe. It’s refreshing and fixes that ever so often sugar craving!
Makes about 5 cups (ten 1/2 cup servings)
4 Cups of Frozen Mixed Berries
1/2 Cup of Sugar (the original recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups but we don’t think all that sugar is necessary)
2 Cups of Water
Pinch of table salt
1 Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Prepare a simple syrup with the water and sugar by combining both in a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. Stir frequently and cook mixture until the sugar is fully dissolved.
2. Once the simple syrup is ready, add the salt and the raspberries. Using an immersion blender (we use our Ninja Blender) and blend the mixture until smooth.
3. Strain half of the mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds. Use a spatula to aid in passing the puree through the strainer. Remove seeds and repeat with the second half.
4. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight (We always do ours overnight)
5. Turn on ice cream maker (We use the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker); pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and add dark chocolate chips. Mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
*The sorbet will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Cuisinart Recipe Booklet, tweaked by me.