On the way to Tuscany, we stopped in Pisa to see the incredible leaning tower of Pisa. It’s crazy to think that after all these years and all the leaning it has done over time that it is still standing. You can even go up to the top if you want to but we had other plans. The whole car ride there, we brainstormed all the ridiculous illusion pictures that we were going to take, but when we got there we realized very quickly that it wasn’t as easy as it looks. We got many good laughs as we held ridiculous poses and contorted our bodies to get just the right angle. I’m pretty happy with how mine turned out.
And of course, we couldn’t leave without a couple good selfies!
Next stop was Florence, which was by far my favorite big city. We stayed in Tuscany, but took the train in each day so we didn’t have to worry about driving and parking. I was so excited to get to Florence because my brother, Dillon was studying abroad and we were planning to spend most of our time with him. Here are some of the awesome things we did in Florence:
– Toured the Uffizi
– Toured the Accademia – The David took my breath away
– Walked on the Ponte Vecchio (picture here)
– Watched the sunset on the Piazza di Michaelangelo (picture here)
– Got pizza to go and ate on some outdoor stairs (picture here)
– Toured the Duomo
– Market shopping
– Went on an amazing bike tour (picture here)
– Enjoyed tons of delicious gelato and pasta